These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Homegrown Network and all its subsidiaries i.e, Homegrown Data, Homegrown Academy, Homegrown Solutions, Homegrown Brokers and Homegrown Africa’s Website. Homegrown Network and all its subsidiaries is located at: 2nd floor, 288 Kent Avenue, Randburg, 2194 By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use Homegrown Network and all its subsidiaries i.e, Homegrown Data, Homegrown Academy, Homegrown Solutions, Homegrown Brokers and Homegrown Africa’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page. The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements:
- “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions.
- “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company.
- “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves.
LicenseUnless otherwise stated, Homegrown Network and all its subsidiaries i.e, Homegrown Data, Homegrown Academy, Homegrown Solutions, Homegrown Brokers and Homegrown Africa’s and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Homegrown Network and all its subsidiaries i.e, Homegrown Data, Homegrown Academy, Homegrown Solutions, Homegrown Brokers and Homegrown Africa’s. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from https://homegrown.network/ for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions. You must not:
- Republish material from https://homegrown.network/
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://homegrown.network/
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://homegrown.network/
- Redistribute content from Homegrown Network and all its subsidiaries i.e, Homegrown Data, Homegrown Academy, Homegrown Solutions, Homegrown Brokers and Homegrown Africa’s (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. Homegrown Network and all its subsidiaries i.e, Homegrown Data, Homegrown Academy, Homegrown Solutions, Homegrown Brokers and Homegrown Africa’s does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of Homegrown Network and all its subsidiaries i.e, Homegrown Data, Homegrown Academy, Homegrown Solutions, Homegrown Brokers and Homegrown Africa’s, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Homegrown Network and all its subsidiaries i.e, Homegrown Data, Homegrown Academy, Homegrown Solutions, Homegrown Brokers and Homegrown Africa’s shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
- Homegrown Network and all its subsidiaries i.e, Homegrown Data, Homegrown Academy, Homegrown Solutions, Homegrown Brokers and Homegrown Africa’s reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libellous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy;
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity;
- You hereby grant to Homegrown Network and all its subsidiaries i.e, Homegrown Data, Homegrown Academy, Homegrown Solutions, Homegrown Brokers and Homegrown Africa’s a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
- The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System-wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising -groups which may not hyperlink to our Website.
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site
IframesWithout prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
Content LiabilityWe shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Website. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libellous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of RightsWe reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Website upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our websiteIf you find any link on our Website or any linked website objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date
DisclaimerTo the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
Consent to process personal information(as required by the course programme registration)
Use of personal informationUpon registration, you consent that we may process your personal information for academic and related purposes. You further consent that we can obtain information from other data sources for analytical and verification purposes. We are committed to protecting your privacy and recognises that it needs to comply with statutory requirements in collecting, processing and distributing of personal information. The Constitution of the Republic of South Africa provides that everyone has the right to privacy and the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”) includes the right to protection against unlawful collection, retention, dissemination and use of personal information. In terms of section 18 of POPI, if personal information is collected, we, as responsible party, must take reasonably practical steps to ensure that the data subject is made aware of the information being collected. In order to process your requirement, it may be necessary to provide service providers with your personal information, which includes, but are not necessarily limited to your work experience and academic record. You are required to provide the information voluntarily and understands that same is mandatory for purposes of the learner programme and the progression of the learner. We may be required, directly or indirectly, in terms of Education and Labour legislation, (such as the Higher Education Act 101 of 1997 (as amended), the Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 (as amended), The Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997 (as amended), and other statutes such as the Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001, King 3 or similar statutes, to collect the information in order to report to the Ministry of Education or other Government structures and for responsible record keeping and statistical purposes. The information is required in terms of your direct or indirect agreement with us. Failure to provide the information may result in you not completing all the required modules which in turn may result in you not obtaining the qualification for which you were enrolled. Where necessary, the information may be shared with similar Higher Education Institutions. You have the right to access and amend your personal information at any reasonable time. You are entitled to object to the use of information. However, such objection may lead to the agreement being terminated as the information is required for valid reasons.
Complaints:All complaints regarding the use of personal information may be directed to the Information Regulator.
CONSENTYou (as data subject), by registering, hereby consents to the use of your personal information contained herein and confirms that:
- the information is supplied voluntarily, without undue influence from any party and not under any duress;
- the information which is supplied herewith is mandatory for the purposes of this agreement and that without such information, we will not enter into agreement with you;
- access the information at any reasonable time for purposes of rectification thereof;
- object to the processing of the information in which case this agreement will terminate in accordance with the provisions contained herein;